Magpul PTS Pmags for PTW

Post your news about Systema PTW, and related to Airsoft here.

Re: Magpul PTS Pmags for PTW

Postby bobafett on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Nice little review fella..... I may pick up 4 myself and try them out... Mind you I have 11 RS ones already :lol: It's never hurts having to many mags :lol:
bobafett

Postby Turtle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Vash you need to make the pictures slightly smaller there is a thread on it some where.

Also looking at the inner in the middle is a seperate piece of plastic, is this a removable spring base? It would make servicing and cleaning the mags a whole load easier. Bit like varanas inners.
Sorry Tac but Tinkerbell is my fairdust dealer.
Turtle

Postby Majinvash on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Hey bud.

Really not sure what that bit is.. its quite soft and springy... but i really dont have the brain power tonight to take one part and deal with anything fiddly :P ( No penis jokes implied )

I have modified the sizes of the hosted images, so hopefully that will filter down into the forum.
Majinvash

Postby FirebladeNL on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 am

Yes, you can remove the spring via that plastic part. I actually lost that part when cleaning one of the mags :oops: (fixed it with other plastic though).
FirebladeNL

Postby Mrck on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

The forum software only allows up to a certain image size. If you right click an image and click 'show image' it will show it in full.

Rectifying this would require an addon to the software, but the forum software would also need updating, which potentially is more hassle than its worth.

In short. You need to resize your image...
PTW Max2 / TM 1911 Custom
Win a STTS HK416 Upper :: Click here
Mrck
Groupie

Postby FirebladeNL on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Tried and tested the mags yesterday in my freshly build 2012. They feed almost flawlessly (sometimes a slight misfeed, but that can happen). The first few times sliding in the magwell is a bit tight, but after a while they break in and work perfectly ^^ I used .25gr green devil bb's, no problems whatsoever.
FirebladeNL

Postby Applez77 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 pm

I had quite a few feeding issues with my PMags today, all 6 of them. It seems they keep wanting to rock back and worth, and won't fire properly unless I hold the mag forward (with my thumb on the rear of the mag). Tried my systema mags and they feed fine. Any ideas what could be causing it? And a solution? Bit disappointed really as everyone else seems to be giving raving reviews about them :/
Applez77

Postby WJW on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:56 am

Applez77 wrote:I had quite a few feeding issues with my PMags today, all 6 of them. It seems they keep wanting to rock back and worth, and won't fire properly unless I hold the mag forward (with my thumb on the rear of the mag). Tried my systema mags and they feed fine. Any ideas what could be causing it? And a solution? Bit disappointed really as everyone else seems to be giving raving reviews about them :/

It look's like this is happening to a lot of people's mags. As if the fitment whilst tight on the width, is a bit loose front to back. Frustrating tbh.

Fitting some padded tape to back of the magwell works, but then you won't be able to easily run other mags.
WJW

Postby Majinvash on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi

Spent the afternoon sorting out the feeding issues with a few of my new mags.. A feeding issue that could be solved as described above by pressing the mag forwards or inserting something into the back of the mag well.

Well screw that.. Do this to fix them.

So I got 3 new mags and they all slid straight into the magwell and locked in perfectly firstly time, without needing to tighten up the base screw. But all three wouldn't feed unless you put pressure on the back of the mag.. So I figured there had to be a link.

Took them apart and figured that there had to be a sweet spot for the inner being high enough out of the shell to feed properly but low enough to lock in. Set about testing that..

I took some electrical tape. Cut some strips and layed them onto of each other, 3 deep

Cut them like this and stuck them onto the bottom of the inner where the screw is located

Did the same but smaller and added it here

Put the mag back together, added the screw back in.
Then tighten it, little by little testing into the magwell; testing each time until the catch bit.

Tested the mags and all now fire faultlessly and without needing to add any pressure to the back of the mag.

UPDATE!

The tape compressed over time and stopped pushing the mag up, so I replaced the tape with some thin plastic cut from a shop sandwich container.. Not flashy but effective.

Enjoy
Last edited by Majinvash on Thu May 09, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Majinvash

Postby Mrck on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 pm

After reading this I just modded mine in the same fashion, and can confirm, it works brilliantly.

I only did the bottom of the inner, and they feed flawlessly.
PTW Max2 / TM 1911 Custom
Win a STTS HK416 Upper :: Click here
Mrck
Groupie

Postby Gooch on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Beautiful! I will keep this in mind if mine ever start acting up!

Thanks gents!
Gooch

Postby Appel82 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

I have 10 Pmags and I have the same issue with mine .. Then I change the inner springs to vanaras springs and they feed perfect after that ! 8-)

Nice tips with the electric tejp ;)
Appel82

PreviousNext

Return to Airsoft News