Dytac URX III RAS

Post your news about Systema PTW, and related to Airsoft here.

Dytac URX III RAS

Postby Kunlun on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Kunlun
Groupie

Re: Dytac URX III RAS

Postby Notrace13 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Bought and payed for about 40 minutes ago 8-)
US reporter from Time magazine interviewing a US Marine Recon Sniper.......
"So what do you feel when you shoot an insurgent?"
Marine Sniper.....
"Recoil"
Notrace13

Postby Blackwolf on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Hello

I allready have the RS one ;)

Regards

Blackwolf
BLACKWOLF aka Francisco Costa Lobo
www.airsoftmechanix.com
Blackwolf
Moderator Group

Postby V.A.K on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I had a RS one, the colour on it is off though the real ones have a much more matt finish.
PTW URX, PTW DIEMACO
V.A.K
Groupie

Postby The Reptile House on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 pm

The wrench they make is made of cheese and is unable to tighten the URX III/3.1 barrel nut to RS specs, for those of us for whom hand tight isn't good enough.
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby Callum Snell on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm

The Reptile House wrote:The wrench they make is made of cheese and is unable to tighten the URX III/3.1 barrel nut to RS specs, for those of us for whom hand tight isn't good enough.

You broke it, didn't you...

Back on topic: I like these a lot. Might consider one for my next build... Come on 18th Birthday!
Callum Snell

Postby Heinz on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 am

The Reptile House wrote:The wrench they make is made of cheese and is unable to tighten the URX III/3.1 barrel nut to RS specs, for those of us for whom hand tight isn't good enough.

Yeah, but thats cos you're uber manly Rich. I had heard that URX II tools used to bend and warp in your very hands, and PRI receiver blocks used to shatter into a million pieces when you looked at them ;)
Heinz
Groupie

Postby The Reptile House on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 am

It's true. I lose my powers if you put a CTW near me though, because it's like they are already broken...
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby Notrace13 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 pm

But why would you need to have RS levels of tightness on nuts, the components are not being exposed to same intensity ie; heat & pressure of explosive forces. I don't recall ever having a RIS/RAS becoming loose on me in the middle of a skirmish, that's not to say it can't or doesn't happen and I have seen others playing with guns whos floating rails have turned into spinning rails :shock: . I guess my monkey paw hand tight is stronger than others but 50-70lbs of torque is still well in the realms of excess.

Either way, I for one am looking forward to getting my hands on my purchase 8-). I guess with most things in airsoft you learn from experience, and who is to say I will get my rail and after some use, think 'you know what I should and will get a RS version of this rail' but i will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Marine Sniper.....
"Recoil"
Notrace13

Postby The Reptile House on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Well, it's possible to introduce feeding problems if your barrel nut isn't torqued to factory spec...which turns out to be the same as RS spec.

Ask Tac how many times he's fixed a feeding issue simply by torquing the barrel nut correctly (I hope I haven't given a trade secret away there, T) ;)

Granted - many, many people get away with it, but there is a risk. Obviously if you really lean on it, that risk starts to diminish.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Dytac barrel nut can't be torqued properly - just that their wrench is shonky. With mine it got the nut a little more than hand tight, before turning to mush. And that's really my only point.
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby Notrace13 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello TRH,

Okay that make more sense to me, now that you have put it into context. Interesting point about barrel tightness affecting feeding. I will keep that in mind when putting together the upper. 8-)

Just of interest has anyone got their hands on their dytac rails yet? TRH and VAK are excluded as they have the real deal (so jealous....sh*t I said that allowed) or the FCC ones for that matter.
Marine Sniper.....
"Recoil"
Notrace13

Postby Mirska- on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Anyone know other wrenches wich actually have a socket for torque wrench? I have the 5KU one ordered, but thats only gonna give temporary handtightning.
Mirska-

Next

Return to Airsoft News