dual sector PTW gears

Post your news about Systema PTW, and related to Airsoft here.

Re: dual sector PTW gears

Postby lUcIfEr on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:32 pm

thundercactus wrote:Uhhhh the LiPo shouldn't be getting warm AT ALL.
You're LiPo is suffering from over current draw, you need to size up your batteries to take 18A continuous draw as soon as possible or you risk burning down your house when charging those damaged 800mah LiPo's....
this is what I'm using;
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... _Pack.html

Hmm...mine gets 20C constant at 800mah, which should be more than 18A...
I will try with another battery that goes 35C constant @1400mah, thanks for the advice :)

Sorry I meant 30C :oops:
Last edited by lUcIfEr on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel. - Robert Frost
I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace. - George W. Bush
EXTREMELY RIGHTWINGED.
9/11-NEVER FORGET-NEVER FORGIVE
lUcIfEr

Postby thundercactus on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:37 pm

20C x 0.8A = 16A
thundercactus
Expert

Postby The Reptile House on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Saw one of these in action yesterday, installed by Tackleberry. Impressive :)

http://thereptilehouseblog.com/2013/09/16/siegetek-dsg/
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby stevey293 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 am

I've done what i wanted to do with my dsg its now up for sale :)

With a m150 i was still only getting 330ish fps on .2g you'll need a madmax spring to get around 350.
Systema made in Japan perfected in the UK
stevey293
Groupie

Postby The Reptile House on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 am

The reviewer's barrel is 7.5" - just to add to the FPS/spring conundrum. I double checked FPS with him and it was indeed close to 350.

Mind you, it was a new cylinder and since this implementation was handled by Tac, you can bet it had the usual cylinder upgrades or perhaps some DSG-specific ones.

I think the main point about this install isn't to decide whether it works or not - there's plenty of evidence out there, including your own, to show what's possible. However, there is very little evidence about longevity. Since this was a Tac install, I think it has the best chance of proving whether the PTW is robust enough to take the abuse over a longer period.

Lyle plays hard and he plays regularly. My guess is he's testing this out for Tac as much as for himself. I'd wager that if the test is successful, a DSG upgrade will be added to Tac's product offer ;)
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby stevey293 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Im pretty confident in saying that the planetry gearbox is more than equiped to take it. Far more than a standard AEG gearbox anyway. On a standard AEG i've found that the area of gearbox casing just infront of the cylender is prone to cracking esp if full auto is used alot.

I think that the only issue with the ptw platform (and it happens with AEGs too) will be preengagement but when i tested with a m110 this still didn't happen and i was hitting 42rps then.
stevey293
Groupie

Postby The Reptile House on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I was thinking more about strain on the motor i.e. does it mean rewinds have to be done more regularly?
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby stevey293 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah i see your point there. Cant see spamming the trigger on semi being healthy.
stevey293
Groupie

Postby lUcIfEr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Been testing out the DSG for a while with quite good results :)
However, my gear over-runs(pulls the piston just a bit, than the motor "rewinds" because the gears are pushed back by the piston) with a M130 spring, 11.1v lipo. I already cut the first tooth off the engaging side of my DSG, but it only made a small improvement.

Any suggestions? :ugeek:

-EDIT-

Oh, and using a stronger spring is NOT an option. Japan has ghey FPS limits where you will get arrested if your Gun is over 290FPS...Mine is already at 280 with a 7.5inch Orga barrel...
A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel. - Robert Frost
I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace. - George W. Bush
EXTREMELY RIGHTWINGED.
9/11-NEVER FORGET-NEVER FORGIVE
lUcIfEr

Postby thundercactus on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:03 pm

What kind of motor are you using? And is it a supermax gearbox?

stevey293 wrote:On a standard AEG i've found that the area of gearbox casing just infront of the cylender is prone to cracking esp if full auto is used alot.

We've almost completely eliminated that problem with use or a sorbo pad. We've had marui mechboxes (well known as some of the weakest) operating at 400fps for a whole season with a sorbo pad with no issue.
We even took one up to 470 to see if it could handle it, and it did, but lowered the fps before any prolonged use.

I'd be curious to run a DSG in my MK18. Supermax gearbox, only ever use semi.
Points of some concern though;
How does it affect the wear on the piston rack, since you're no longer releasing the piston from it's intended tooth?
Will the MAG springs in systema mags handle the higher demand on feeding?
We've got a 420fps limit here, I have a feeling they don't make a spring strong enough to bump me back up to 415 lol
Basically we're looking at a 100fps loss, correct?

And since the piston isn't coming nearly all the way back, you could use more shims to up the FPS a little.
thundercactus
Expert

Postby stevey293 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Nah no sorbo pads only fitted it for cqb events on the normal AEG.

And i wasn't hitting 300fps on a m150 spring in the ptw. In terms of wear i didn't have it in for long enough to notice a difference the gear was sold to another forum user.

My overall experience was great but only if you play cqb alot out in the woodland site i didn't even make it to 1000 hours before i had the gearbox in bits swapping the gear back over.
stevey293
Groupie

Previous

Return to Airsoft News