2014 NA Legal PTW's

Post your news about Systema PTW, and related to Airsoft here.

Re: 2014 NA Legal PTW's

Postby Wallace on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 am

jaybirdritenour wrote:
Wallace wrote:
rainzoro wrote:CNC'd? not forged? if i may, i'd like to ask for that info's source

Both, actually. We can make them from mil-spec forging, the problem is that the grip-attachment area was too thin in a forging to allow secured attachment of the motor. We have to add 2 pieces of shims to the side. Considering this is a structural part of the gun, it may not be sufficient so we need to test it (which is part of the beta program). Now granted being 7075-T6, they will be considerably stronger than factory die-cast lower, so we may be OK. Time will tell.

Alternatively, if we cut the lower from a CNC billet, we won't have that problem. Slightly weaker than forging but still miles ahead then factory casting.

If strength is your concern, we are also in the talk with a firearm manufacturer (can't name them yet) to produce full titanium (yes you heard it, titanium) PTW. The entire gun, with rail etc., weights less then 2kg. No pricing yet but it's not "just" Ferrari pricing... more like Le Mans prototype price range.

W.

Hey Wallace I sent you a PM. I was working with you at one point. I have a design that will completely eliminate the need for shims when using milspec forgings. Still have a few prototype sitting here.

PM Sent!
Wallace
Moderator Group

Postby mxa5022 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:58 am

great news Wallace.

Have a question regarding the "Upper" . You stated that the upper given would be a mod'd RS upper; and that you could do this with other uppers or mono uppers (VIS, LMT, etc). Does that mean you (Systema, or whoever takes orders) would be doing "custom" full build orders or uppers alone?

Because as it is, it can be difficult to find/have someone mod a RS upper at the moment (& for a reasonable price); and if you (systema) do them, would they be "warrantied" like the PTW's (as, making sure cylinders fit, no wobble, cycling the guns works, all hopups fit in place properly, etc?)
mxa5022
Groupie

Postby mtnbkrkif on Thu May 15, 2014 2:22 am

I live in the US and I have heard the ptw lower is considered a firearm by the BATF.
Can anyone confirm this?
mtnbkrkif

Postby HAVOC on Thu May 15, 2014 10:46 am

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've had no issues getting challenge kit PTW's into the states (bought from redwolfairsoft.com). I can see where the quality will be better than a stock Systema lower and the use of real steel parts is a plus, but that price :shock:

I'll get a challenge kit and install the parts into a Prime receiver set.

Or am I missing something?
Last edited by HAVOC on Sat May 17, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
OP Pine Plains I - PSD
Op Pine Plains II - PSD
Op Pine Plains IV - Bravo 2-6

aka: KLINGER
HAVOC
Groupie

Postby Gunslinger1974 on Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Once I get my hands on a upper and lower (if that's possible) I am just going to mill one to look like a 416D (vfc) I have. Then wait for the rest of the internals and stuff to be available then I might duck under the 2500.00 price tag.

But it is atleast good to hear they will be selling them again!
Gunslinger1974

Postby Wallace on Sat May 17, 2014 6:02 am

mtnbkrkif wrote:I live in the US and I have heard the ptw lower is considered a firearm by the BATF.
Can anyone confirm this?

Yes that's affirmative and have been true since 2011. I don't want to disclose too much detail in the forum, in fear of rednecks hunting down PTWs and converting them to illegal machine guns... But if you have a chance to stop by our office, I can show you the ATF ruling and seizure notice.

Wallace
ZShot.com
Wallace
Moderator Group

Postby xmarine on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:22 pm

When will these be on the market?
xmarine

Postby jaybirdritenour on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm

I want the limited edition Knights SR15 receiver set!!!!
jaybirdritenour

Postby Perseus on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:57 am

You cant buy the receiver alone.
Perseus

Postby jaybirdritenour on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:50 am

How do you know that for sure? And I don't really care I will buy the whole rifle to get a real Knights Armament forging machined by Knights Armament to PTW spec. I have two real Knights SR15 11.5 SBR mod 1's that I want a training rifle for. Wallace might sell them to people as a replacement for the existing non compliant lower. He is going to offer a a trade in program I believe. Don't know if that will include the knights stuff though.
jaybirdritenour

Postby Perseus on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:23 am

the standard lower is compliant with US regulations.
Perseus

Postby jaybirdritenour on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:29 am

No it isn't. You need to read this thread over.
jaybirdritenour

PreviousNext

Return to Airsoft News