Blue Light

Having problems, question or answer? - post it here.

Blue Light

Postby Hannes_[CIS] on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi,
My ECU shows a blue light, after moisture proofing my electronics. Does anyone know, what that means?
My lower build is: Etiny Elektronics, Systema 490 Kumi and Systema Gearbox. The isolation of the cables from the mosfet to the motor was damaged after I took of the grip to stipple it, so I repaced it with some shrink sleeves.
I was thinking about just picking up a set of Systema electronics and go with that, but don´t wanne do that, if the Motor is broken. Oh after the problem accured, I took the motor out to check if I could finde any problem there. Only the core is able to move a little bit up and down. All screws were tight.
Please help me I don´t want to spend money on new electronics if that ain´t the problem.

Thanks
Hannes_[CIS]

Re: Blue Light

Postby thundercactus on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 am

try rotating the motor by hand a bit. There are 3 windings, so three 120 degree sections. If it consistently causes blinking in 1 or 2 sections, the motor is likely shot.
If it doesn't start anywhere, either the motor is totally shot, or you have a short in the wiring somewhere.
thundercactus
Expert

Postby Hannes_[CIS] on Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 pm

so just rotate it a bit? So get gearbox out, rotate a little, Gearbox back in, Try, repeat?
Oh and it doesn´t blink its a constant blue light.
If its shot, can I repair it? or do I have to get a new one?
Hannes_[CIS]

Postby thundercactus on Tue May 02, 2017 1:00 am

remove the grip, and just turn the armature by hand
thundercactus
Expert

Postby Hannes_[CIS] on Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Ok I tried that, didn`t make a difference. If it is the Motor and not the wiring, what could it be? and would that be fixable or totally destroyed? I´m just wondering, cause I just removed the grip and put it back on, the only thing I did was pinch the wires and that would rather kill the mosfet than the motor right? Just wanna find out, what I did wrong, so that I don´t make the same mistakes twice and don´t have to buy new electronics if they aren´t broken :) thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate that
Hannes_[CIS]

Postby thundercactus on Thu May 04, 2017 5:01 am

Actually, what kind of battery are you using? And whens the last time you charged it?
thundercactus
Expert

Postby Hannes_[CIS] on Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm

using either turnigy 11.1s or Begadi (german retailer, don´t know the producer, but pretty consistent C wise) 11.1 too. were completely charged before last function and before the first time it didn`t
Hannes_[CIS]

Postby Hannes_[CIS] on Fri May 12, 2017 9:24 pm

changed the electronics today, everything works again :) thanks for the help
Hannes_[CIS]

Return to Technical Discussion