Technical questions

Having problems, question or answer? - post it here.

Technical questions

Postby Philverso on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 am

Hello all, I'm new to the PTW world and had a few questions. I have a challenge kit that I had assembled by a professional, It shoots like a dream, crisp response, accurate, and sounds normal I assume. My first question is regarding the gearbox, after shooting it a bit I noticed small metal shavings on the top, I assumed it was normal but just want to double check. Second question is that at one point my gun just would not shoot, it would shoot fine, but then would just stop, mag was not empty. The battery was not fully dead but after I charged it it stopped doing it. I appreciate any help, and or advice from anyone TIA.
Philverso

Re: Technical questions

Postby jungley on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:46 am

Philverso wrote:Hello all, I'm new to the PTW world and had a few questions. I have a challenge kit that I had assembled by a professional, It shoots like a dream, crisp response, accurate, and sounds normal I assume. My first question is regarding the gearbox, after shooting it a bit I noticed small metal shavings on the top, I assumed it was normal but just want to double check.

That's not normal, at least not for me. Maybe your closed the upper receiver when the sector gear wasn't timed properly, jamming it into the piston teeth, and then fired it...causing it to break free and grind some gears?
If the upper receiver doesn't want to close fully and there seems a small gap, its may be a sign that your sector gear isnt timed right...hold your hand over the sensor and fire on semi to get the gear timed right.

Second question is that at one point my gun just would not shoot, it would shoot fine, but then would just stop, mag was not empty. The battery was not fully dead but after I charged it it stopped doing it. I appreciate any help, and or advice from anyone TIA.

We might be having the same issue haha
jungley

Return to Technical Discussion