Export, Import!?!? HELP

Here you talk about retailers that has PTW or related items.

Export, Import!?!? HELP

Postby magnuscarlander on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 am

Hello, here's the thing...

I'm now on a vacation in the US for 7 days so I figured that it would be an opportunity to buy some RS parts and an Aimpoint for my lovely systema...

So 1 day before I left Denmark I ordered an Aimpoint + Larue mount from Laruetactical to the hotel, everything went right and got it here today.

But... this export from the US, I mean you'r not allowed to order directly from laruetac to an adress outside the US!.. Does this means that ill get stopped in the customs and it will be detained?

Is the exportpermission issued by the US government or is it issued by respectively Larue and Aimpoint so that the European and the US market is kept devided?

Should I place it in my hand luggage or in the suitcase on the flight home. Do I have to send it to Denmark privatly?

Any of you exported "non exportable" RS parts or sights from the US?

/Mag
magnuscarlander

Re: Export, Import!?!? HELP

Postby mps on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 am

drop it in your sutecase and dont think about it
mps

Postby magnuscarlander on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 am

oh god nice, thanks for your quick response!

/Mag
magnuscarlander

Postby the_racer on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 am

I orderred a magpul sniper stock for a G3 (CA) about 3 years ago...

Shipping was no problem , payment etc. all completed.
Then , some girl Angela came out of the blue that there was just a bill created and voted that no RS parts could leave the Magpul warehouse when send out of the U.S.

Then , some months later , i had to go to Las Vegas for a trade fair (SEMA) for my work.
Asked Angela if they could send it to the hotel.
2 days later it was delivered ,
took it appart , placed in 3 cases as luggage.
No problems what so ever...

And now i can proudly say i have a RS magpul PRS stock for a G3 mounted :D
the_racer

Postby 03_Grunt on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:57 am

I just spoke to the US Customs Service in regards to a RS Lower I sold. I shipped it to Thailand. You CANNOT export RS firearms PARTS without a license. I would assume that an optic system is different. I would think you could just pack it. I will call them tomorrow and ask about it. I'll PM you in the morning.
2007 M733 MAX no.7709303
Current POS: Stateside... for good
"Don't tread on me!"
03_Grunt

Postby macguyver on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 am

mps wrote:drop it in your sutecase and dont think about it

If you get caught, you'll be in big sh*t. They won't prosecute, but they can detain you, you'll miss your flight and they'll get your items. Then, you'll get a nice note in the CBP database that you were caught trying to smuggle export restricted weapons parts out of the U.S.. The export license with End User Agreement is $700 per item.

It's all fine, as long as you don't plan on ever visiting the U.S. again.

Pick your risks wisely.

There are ways to find what you want without having to resort to smuggling, there always is.

03_Grunt wrote:I just spoke to the US Customs Service in regards to a RS Lower I sold. I shipped it to Thailand. You CANNOT export RS firearms PARTS without a license. I would assume that an optic system is different. I would think you could just pack it. I will call them tomorrow and ask about it. I'll PM you in the morning.

Pretty much every part or accessory you can think of that would apply to PTW is either export restricted (hard to get and expensive) to export prohibited (very, very, very hard to get and uber-expensive). Optics, NV, barrels, RIS, flash hiders, stocks (especially collapsible), grips, sights and rail accessories are heavily regulated. I'm in Canada, I buy a shitload of this stuff, both for PTW and real ARs. I've been through the wringer at times trying to get specific parts, sometimes waiting months and spending way more than I should, but c'est la vie.
The Anti-Radical Radical
macguyver

Postby magnuscarlander on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Hello, packed the aimpoint and the larue mount out of its original boxes and wraped them in some cloth...

No problem at all with the flight. And now I have a nice Aimpoint in Denmark!!!

Thanks for the answers,

/Mag
magnuscarlander

Postby steew on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Hey guys. I'm in a similar situation right now as "magnuscarlander" was. I'm going to the US in summer for some time so I wanted to buy a SCK probably from redwolf and transport it to EU - Slovakia. Basically, is it possible? Is the situation still the same as it was back in 2010 - with all the restrictions about exporting such goods, etc.? I found some info online that one can transport even RS firearms as long as they're locked in a case and some guy (don't remember who it was) at the airport is advised.
Thanks a lot!
steew

Return to Retailers Discussion