PTW Airsoft !!

Here you talk about retailers that has PTW or related items.

Re: PTW Airsoft !!

Postby Keith on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 pm

im not going to get into an online argument mate, but i am going to defend myself (with some serious editing out because ive just read your last post about not posting anymore on the issue)
all i will say is that in your email you never mentioned you were w55... on the systema forums.

i had only your name and email address on the email to go by, of which neither are on my spreadsheet as you didnt pay by paypal, so everything i said was true and i dont regret saying it.
now i know who you are ive filled in the blanks in the spreadsheet (email, forum name etc..) so i can now cross reference.

i get about 30 emails a day, and cant remember everybody, but i vaguely remember you name from somewhere which is why i said remind me

i am setting off to catterick i less than 8 hours time, and ive only just started to pack for a weekender because ive spent all night so far trying to catch up on orders and replying to emails.
in a previous post (my public apology), ive said that im rushed off my feet atm, and all emails will be pretty blunt and to the point to allow me to save time

anyway by the 15th you will have either a full upper or a refund as requested and agreed several days ago.
Keith

Postby Tackleberry on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:53 pm

This has been like watching a car crash in slow motion....!

These issues need to be resolved, and resolved quickly.
Failure to address these issues promptly will result in further action being taken.

I have let this run to see where it goes, but all I can see is excuses for poor service. It has also become apparent to me that I am being associated with PTWairsoft.com.

I would like to point out that I in no way endorse or condone the actions of PTWairsoft.com, and have no wish to have this forum besmirched by the poor management of businesses linked to it.

T
Please do not ask for discount as refusal often leads to offence....!
Tackleberry
Admin Group

Postby Cr@sh on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Not that this subject needs anymore posts to explain PTW airsofts poor service, but this is the sort of sales experience i was subjected to!
I have copied my email conversation with Keith in below to show what you may be subjected to if you put an order in with him!

My emails are in bold, Keiths are italic.

Keith,

Just a chase up after ordering some p mag shells and mag internals from you and paying on the 27th August yet still not turned up!!!

I needed these mags for a game this weekend and expected them to be delivered, especially as your site says 3-4 days for UK deliveries! Yet over a week later still no sign of them!

Please provide a tracking number by Monday or refund my money as i need these magazines asap and would of bought them elsewhere to start with if i had known they wouldn't be delivered in time!

Look forward to your reply

Regards

A.Chappell

Hi Ashley

sorry for not communicating with you better to which you are entitled to , but i was waiting on the vanaras internals to come in from my trade supplier over in China

I was told that the items would be here early-mid last week, but they never arrived until friday.

I got them in the post Saturday, but unfortunately missed last collection

Sorry, but i didnt know you needed them that urgently.,and thought a few days wouldn’t matter

keith

Keith

Thanks for the quick reply, any chance of the tracking number as requested?

Regards

Ash

(MAGS TURNED)

Keith,

Just to let you know i received the mag shells and internals and im happy and more than impressed with them.

What i wasnt so impresses with was the fact that you ignored my request for a tracking number on two occassions after telling me my order had been shipped out sat but after last collection.

What i cant understand is why you had to lie and think i was too stupid to read the postage date on the package when i received it! It was posted on monday 5th and even though i wouldnt of received it any sooner if you had posted it after last collection on sat afternoon, I find it quite concerning that i get the same bullshit excuses and service i have come to expect when dealing with 2nd hand purchases off of forums from waste of space sellers!

Not something i would of expected from a retail company with their own website and online shop!

For the above reason i wont be using you for any further purchases until i hear you have improved your customer communications and gained the ability to tell the truth to customers spending their hard earned with you!

Regards

Ash

Hello ashley. Sorry you feel that way mate, but the truth is im not a dedicated retail company with multiple employees , and a physical shop.

I run the website alone on evenings as during the daytime i have an unrelated day job

ill admit, i had to tell a little white lie to you about them being posted because at the moment im having to do 12 hour shifts at work as we are so busy

im up at 5am, at work for 6am, leave work at 6pm, home for 7pm.
this then gives me 2-3 hours to do everything (which sounds alot, but trust me it isn’t (a single MIAD grip takes 2 hours to convert)

on evenings i have to update orders, answer about 30 emails, put in trade orders, do any custom conversions. Manufacture any non custom parts such as red followers or load adaptors, take stock counts

ill admit i am behind on despatching orders.

I saw your emails about wanting them on the Friday, and knowing i was going to post them on Monday anyway, told a little white lie about posting them on Saturday.

Ok it was wrong and i hold my hand up, but hopefully with the reasons mentioned youll forgive me

Could you work 55-60 hour weeks, and then run what should be a full time business on an evening alone?

Ive got my dad and mum helping me on evenings to try and catch up, but there is only so much they can do (not being able to use a milling machine etc..)

At this very second im writing this email at 00.55.
im up at 6am as im going uo to catterick to play a weekender

Hope this explains all

Keith

Keith

While i appreciate your day job takes up a large amount of time, your the one that made a choice to run an online shop alongside it!

And i can relate to working long shifts and clocking up 50-60 hour weeks, but this is also the reason i would not choose to try and run a sideline business alongside my job as i would not be able to provide a good enough service that is expected from paying customsers!

As for having to be up at 6am to attend a weekender event, would you be happy with that as an excuse if you had spent £140 with someone and thats the reason they hadnt bothered sending out your goods?

While i think your online shop could be successful and is well laid out and designed, your attitude and work ethics will cause it to fail!
I really hope you can sort out the situation and get the service you provide up to scratch before your attitude towards sending out orders causes it to fail miserably!

Regards

Ash

Surprise, surprise i received no answer to my last email to him!!!
Cr@sh

Postby Cr@sh on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 pm

It was posted recorded, the reason he didn't send the tracking number was he hadn't posted it when he said he had!
Cr@sh

Postby w550436 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Now, I know I said I'm not going to post anymore on the subject of Keith on this forum, but I still have an unsolved issue here. After (and ONLY AFTER) setting a rough deadline, I got a message of this kind
" Sent: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 am
To: w550436
just to let you know mate that your upper is packed and ready to be sent as agreed mate. Keith"

Following this, I have received no other notifications on the shipment whatsoever. Now, it may be too early, I don't know. But after almost 2 MONTHS since the payment have been received by Keith, numerous excuses and a prolonged silence, you have to believe me that I don't trust him anymore! It seems that a legal action is required.
w550436

Postby Callum Snell on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 am

It's a weekend, post/parcel delivery/courier services don't operate on weekends, do they? Wait until Tuesday of next week, then perhaps further action would be required.
Callum Snell

Postby LouCyffer on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:19 am

I don't see that 'I haven't packed/fulfilled your order because I'm going to Catterick on a weekender' is any more valid excuse than 'I haven't packed/fulfilled your order because I'm going down the pub'. Neither is it fair to expect customers to 'understand that I'm working so many hours in the week'. Telling customers that their order hasn't despatched because the seller is indulging in their weekend past time is jaw dropping.

If a customer has paid their hard earned cash, and the order has been held up, they have a right to expect the seller to put themselves out attempting to remedy the situation, not be told nothing will be done as the seller is away all weekend playing Airsoft. Particularly when, firstly the seller has the money already, and secondly when his website states a 4 day delivery time.

In a fraternity as small as Airsoft, and particularly in a fraterity as small as PTW users, this behavior is bizarre and ultimately self destructive. The laws in the UK on distance selling are quite robust, and frankly after reading some of the tales on this thread, I commend the patience of some of you. I'd have issued a summons to the Small Claims track of the county court some time ago had I been in a similar situation.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
PTW H&K 416D 10"
PTW H&K 416D 14"
LouCyffer
Groupie

Postby biscuitdunker on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

Not wishing to make matters worse or stir the s***.

Guys paypal has a resolution centre, assuming you have used paypal. I by no means sing the praises of paypal but if your not happy put a claim in.

Unfortunately I had to do this with Keith, I got my money back reasonably quickly after all the excuses.

:cry:
I'm honking on a rock of pure airsoft. For kicks.

biscuitdunker

Postby The Reptile House on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Callum Snell wrote:The only reason I can suggest why he didn't give a tracking number was that he posted it NOT by special delivery?

Sorry dude, but did you not read the whole of Cr@sh's post? Forgive me if my values seem exotic, but I'm rather more concerned about this bit:

Cr@sh wrote:...What i cant understand is why you had to lie and think i was too stupid to read the postage date on the package when i received it! It was posted on monday 5th and even though i wouldnt of received it any sooner if you had posted it after last collection on sat afternoon, I find it quite concerning that i get the same bullshit excuses and service i have come to expect when dealing with 2nd hand purchases off of forums from waste of space sellers!

Ash

...ill admit, i had to tell a little white lie...

...Hope this explains all

Keith
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby The Reptile House on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Callum Snell wrote:It's a weekend, post/parcel delivery/courier services don't operate on weekends, do they? Wait until Tuesday of next week, then perhaps further action would be required.

If I'd been told my package was ready to ship on Thursday, I'd expect it to be shipped on Thursday - or Friday at the very latest - particularly given the circumstances.

Reading your last few posts, I suddenly feel like my expectations are ridiculously high.
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby w550436 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:09 pm

The Reptile House wrote:
Callum Snell wrote:It's a weekend, post/parcel delivery/courier services don't operate on weekends, do they? Wait until Tuesday of next week, then perhaps further action would be required.

If I'd been told my package was ready to ship on Thursday, I'd expect it to be shipped on Thursday - or Friday at the very latest - particularly given the circumstances.

Reading your last few posts, I suddenly feel like my expectations are ridiculously high.

That makes two of us mate! It seems that we are in the "ridiculously high expectations" club!
w550436

Postby Callum Snell on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:44 pm

w55, you're from Denmark. Thats like 600Miles from England. Let the Upper get to you?

I'm not saying the delay you've had is acceptable, and yes if I was told it was ready to ship Thursday I'd expect shipping Thursday or even Friday morning. My expectations are as high as yours, however it would seem that my item was much more readily available than yours. I've had my say. That's me out of this thread.

Regards,

Callum McKinnon-Snell
Callum Snell

PreviousNext

Return to Retailers Discussion