Help to report scam in UK. Ptwairsoft

Here you talk about retailers that has PTW or related items.

Help to report scam in UK. Ptwairsoft

Postby Lobin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 am

Hi,
I've googled for answers but since my english isn't great, I don't know if I'm even on the right track.

I would like to report a store, or more specific the owner of the store for scam.
The order was placed in December last year and after the 45day of Paypal protection the person has stopped to answer my emails. The store is already well known in the forum.

What I need help with is to know on what charges I should report to the police.
Is 3 months a reasonable time to wait, or should I wait a litte longer before contacting the police?

More information can be handed via PM, and I prefer if the help is given via PM too, out of the accused's integrity.
Last edited by Lobin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lobin

Re: Help to report scam in UK.

Postby rizla on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I would suggest going down the small claims court route, I'm not sure if you can do it if you're not in the UK but it's worth a shot.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
rizla

Postby balnk on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Are you sure that PayPal will do nothing to help? I have had money returned through PayPal after the 45 day time.
balnk

Postby Lobin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks for the reply's.
I'm currently in contact with a member of this forum (not the accused).
I will wait and see what that leads to before I do anything else now. I'm getting lots of good from him help ATM.

@Rizla, I will try that if needed, thanks!
@Balnk, I started a dispute a couple of weeks ago and at the time I was informed that there wasn't anything Paypal could do to help. But I will try again.

Regards Robin
Lobin

Re: Help to report scam in UK. Ptwairsoft.com

Postby Lobin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:26 am

Well, since the scammer/theif won't man up and complete my order from last year, I'm now trying to solve it again now that I have time.

The seller is Mr Keith Brown from ptwairsoft.com, no point in "protecting" his "rep" anymore...
What I am looking for is a phonenumber so that I can call him and talk. He's been ignoring my emails since 45 days after the paypal transaction (ofcourse), aka february 2012.

If someone would be kind to either send me his phonenumber or call him and ask why he refuses to send my stuff,
I know that he has completed other orders for the same stuff, long after mine was placed and delivered it to them.

If Mr. Brown doesn't want to solve this issue, perhaps someone can help to report him to the police, or point me in the right direction, right now I'm pretty f-ing tired of it.

It would be rediculous if he actually gets away with my money, without repercussions.
The order is worth about £500. It's a 416 upper and some other stuff.

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Robin
Lobin

Re: Help to report scam in UK. Ptwairsoft

Postby Happidave73 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:54 am

Pm'd number Robin, let us know how you get on

Dave
Happidave73

Postby Happidave73 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:15 am

Also this is his registered business address if it helps

Ptw airsoft
51 Wolsey Croft
Sherburn In Elmet
Leeds
Yorkshire
LS25 6DR
United Kingdom

Mobile number: 07872 425 983

Edited to add phone number.
Last edited by Happidave73 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happidave73

Postby biscuitdunker on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 am

Im sure I will this will be seen as not a good thing to do by some people but as I was nearly taken for around £60 last year I have no problems in helping here.

He now trades as "Airsoft Engraver" here: http://tw-owners.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=36&sid=20eab824003e9bb4b2cc59bce2d1ced6

Also here: http://AirsoftEngraver.com

As we are a relatively small community I see absolutely no reason why he should be given some sort of "immunity" from it being common knowledge that he now trades under this name now.

I hope this post lasts up here and is not pulled.
I'm honking on a rock of pure airsoft. For kicks.

biscuitdunker

Postby The Reptile House on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:17 am

Robin - Keith has sent me a PM on the TW forum, to say that a friend has contacted him about this and he's looking into it. I've replied with the content of your post.

Hope this gets resolved.
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby Mrck on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm

As stated, he does do some advertising for his engraving business through the TW forum, that said he is not an affiliate company of the forum, he requested a retailer section, and at the time we had no reason to say no, nor did we know it was the owner of ptwairsoft.

I will continue to let him trade through the forum, provided he corrects these problems with old orders, and nothing like this happens in the future.

I hope this get's resolved soon. I unfortunately don't have any contact details for Keith further than the ones given above.

Regards

CK
PTW Max2 / TM 1911 Custom
Win a STTS HK416 Upper :: Click here
Mrck
Groupie

Postby Lobin on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi, thanks for the help everyone! It's very helpful!

He has mailed a buddy of mine, so that's good progress.
Hopfully, this will be solved with good results, so that both Mr. Brown and I, walk away pleased.

Cheers!
Robin
Lobin

Postby The Reptile House on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm

This is locked under the assumption that Keith/Airsoft Engraver makes good on the deal.

Robin - PM me to reopen this if you have any further problems, or if you'd like to indicate a resolution has been reached.

Edit: the OP indicated by PM on 06/10/12 that this had been resolved to his satisfaction.
The Reptile House
Admin Group

Return to Retailers Discussion