TW5 selector alignment

All the information that is relevant to new MP5 goes in here.

TW5 selector alignment

Postby KillSwitch on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello, my TW5 firing modes are all jumbled up, and I cannot find an example of the correct alignment of the selector or the set up.

atm it fires semi just of the red mark, 3rd round half way between 3rd and full and full gos back to safe ? :S

also the motor gets pretty hot is it in too far or somthing or is this normal :oops:

cheers
KillSwitch

Re: TW5 selector alignment

Postby thevenom on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Check if the internal selector cylinder is correctly installed.
This cylinder can only be installed in one correct way.
Reffer to the manual to see how.

Cheers
thevenom

Postby firefly26 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm

The exact same thing is happening to me. It used to work fine before, then one day it just started doing that. The point where the wires head up out of the gearbox can get pinched very easily, which I think is contributing to the hot motor. I carefully positioned them and it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I spent 2 hours last night trying the selector at every tooth of the gears on the gearbox selector wheel to no avail. The best I can do is 3-round burst on the burst and full auto positions, and safe on single and semi. The assembly manual has a picture of this position on step 3.

Other than that, no one else seems to have the answer yet.
firefly26

Postby Tackleberry on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:23 pm

This problem is caused by the selector drum. The drum is made up from around 6 seperate parts. Two of these parts are nylon.

What usually happens is one of the nylon cams splits and spins freely around the drum. This means that the cam cannot actuate the switch properly and thus you get the selction problems.

This can be retified by replacing the drum, or carefully bonding and pinning the broken cam.

If making the repair you must be 100% sure of the exact positon of the cam before bonding.
Please do not ask for discount as refusal often leads to offence....!
Tackleberry
Admin Group

Postby spydaninja on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 am

I took apart my Tw5 with the same issue. Yes the right nylon side has a slight crack allowing it to spin freely on the cam. I will order a new one from ASG airsoft if they still have in stock. Can Anyone please post a photo here of proper alighnment of the two plastic cams on the drum selector gear? Not just for me but for the next guy. A simple apoxy fix, but it has to be in the Exact position wich is hard without a good refrence.
spydaninja

Postby Blackwolf on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello

"spydaninja" Update your profile with location please, forum rules

Regards

BLACKWOLF
FORUM MODERATOR
BLACKWOLF aka Francisco Costa Lobo
www.airsoftmechanix.com
Blackwolf
Moderator Group

Postby govtcheez on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:47 pm

I had this happen to me recently and it was actually fairly easy fix. I put some epoxy and lined it up based on the photo on page 12 of the manual:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4549 ... manual.pdf
govtcheez

Return to Generation MP5 (2008)