Odin Innovations M12 Sidewinder

Reviews on parts for the PTW platform.

Odin Innovations M12 Sidewinder

Postby mxa5022 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Hey guys,

Not exactly an item that goes onto/in your PTW, but is a new "tool" in helping to load mags with. Just got mine in this afternoon. This will be a quick review at the moment (so more to come later on).

Initial impressions are this is seems rather well built, and like they say, it is 'big" in that it will definitely fit into a double M4 mag pouch. Has a bit of weight to it, but not in a bad way; so definitely not flimsy feeling like a normal speed reloader. You also no longer need to refill your loader b/t mags (unless using a hicap speedloader), as this thing hold 1,600 rounds

PTW mags do fit, but id wager are tighter then normal AEG mags would be. That said, all the type of mags i have here fit and accepted bb's. Mag brands i tried were: Magpul PTS ptw pmag, AirsoftGi "Bgrade" pmag, Tack pmag, Systema LE Pmag, Systema Pmag (that got w/ my NA PTW).

The small "negatives" I find at the moment (but could be since brand new) are, if you look at recent videos of it on youtube (one i saw from from about a month ago), it cranks VERY fast and loads quickly. It doesnt seem to crank and load as fast; but that could be b/c we/I am using it on PTW mags, and they were loading normal AEG mags. The other negative, is like all speed loaders (or ones ive had), you always seems to be stuck with having one last bb "stuck in the chamber".

That said, even though it is a bit pricey at $50 , i would recommend it, as no longer need to worry about having adapters (or losing them), nor having to fill a speed loader after each mag to fill up. Filling a mag takes around 10-15 seconds, and can prob do your entire mag loadout in roughly a minute or two; and then refill your Sidewinder to keep you going for rest of day for reloads reducing time needed back in starting area to refill mags/speed-loaders.

Initial thoughts and slight use, id give it an 8/10 ; but will update more as I use it.

*pics incoming*

mxa5022
Groupie

Re: Odin Innovations M12 Sidewinder

Postby thundercactus on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Only $50? A marui 470rnd loader is like $30. So this is worth it.
How accurate is it with loading a specific # of BBs? I always load mine to 60, so ive been stuck using a tube loader for a while.
thundercactus
Expert

Postby mxa5022 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:24 pm

i cant fully say myself, but from what Odin says it is 12bb's per crank; so 10 revolutions = 120 filled mag.When a mag is full, there is a "lockout' feature, so you cant turn it anymore so you know the mag is filled
mxa5022
Groupie

Postby thundercactus on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 am

Probably just has a friction clutch then, neat.
thundercactus
Expert

Return to PTW parts review section