MFT Battlelink Stock

Reviews on parts for the PTW platform.

MFT Battlelink Stock

Postby mxa5022 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey guys, got a review here as can tell. Just got in my MFT battlelink stock. Will do a brief reasoning as to why got it; and then do the normal details. Pic's will be done after so can see.

Reasoning:

At first, i always wanted a UBR, however seeing the PTW's needs a bit of mod's to get it to work kinda killed that idea. Then i had a CTR on my CA m4 which i loved but liked the current crane style. Thats when TRH did his STR review and sold me on that. Since then, i planned on getting that, till i found this stock here; and figured i'd try something different that others possibly havent.

Initial Impressions:

Stock his nicely made, and very sturdy. I will, say i was a bit disappointed in the packaging, as it was cardboard w/ the plastic type stuff (u'll see what mean in pic).

Installation:

Simple, pull off stock, and then install like would any basic crane stock.

Feel:

Its is really comfy, as gives a nice feel w/ the butt pad that comes with it; and i got the cheek rest which is also very solid.

The Negative:

I havent played a game or anything with it as just can in the mail; but this is a possible big negative; there IS wobble. It isn't horrible; but it noticeable compared to the basic Mil/Le crane stock that is solid.

The only other ehh thing, is sliding to differ positions can be problematic (b/c of the wobble guessing) even though both stock & tube have are commercial fits.

Final Thoughts:

I can't complain to much, as i got it for a good price; however, i wish the stock didn't wobble as much. Maybe can figure a way to fix that, but im not quite sure. Most likely when i play, i wont really notice it (i hope), as gun will be shouldered. Overall i'd say good buy; but i'd def be interested in seeing how the MilSpec version would work on the RWC milspec tube, or the new 2013 models using the milspec stock tube.

*EDIT: can't add pics; as when i try it says the board picture quota has been met
mxa5022
Groupie

Re: MFT Battlelink Stock

Postby logan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 pm

You can always use imageshack or whatevery other picture hosting service and embed the miniatures here.
logan
Groupie

Re: MFT Battlelink Stock

Postby mxa5022 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:37 pm

i did that; it wasnt saying the image was to big; but the board had reached it's picture limit
Attachments
phpRPILbOPM.jpg
phpRPILbOPM.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
mxa5022
Groupie

Return to PTW parts review section