buying a new PTW

For the 2012 model

buying a new PTW

Postby Short Round on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Im looking at buying a PTW, so i thought i would ask some thoughts and options. these are my current options,

Project PTW and get their mil-spec at around £2000, reviews i have read have been scare yet people were happy.

2nd, hopefully get a 2nd-hand ptw ( hence why i'm here to hopefully get a sale ) at around £700-900 mark and buy loads of bolt-ons and get it tackleberry'd
looking at mk18 block2 style for Marsoc loadout

or i guess the 3rd of option is to buy a new PTW and send it straight to Tackleberry

of course rather scared Sinking that much money into a item, I know its going to be good ( when it works) but i just don't want it to be a spiraling money pit. So i guess I'm just asking what are Project PTW like.. and will i regret it, i had a CTW.. i regret that :( it was screechy and painful and i found reloading the mags long and really difficult. i guess as well i didn't really look after it. i plan to get a hard case to keep it in.

Thanks for any Information, Stories etc
:)
Short Round

Re: buying a new PTW

Postby ukpred on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Why project PTW where you can get one built by the man himself Tac? At least you know what your getting with all the mods done and a reliable ptw.
ukpred

Postby house771 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Bought from Project PTW and TAC and got to say would recommend BOTH for quality of work.
Buying new means you will get a warranty and as these guys rely on customer recommendation they will do everything they can to sort any problems if anything did. Plus you can custom the gun at order so it will come with the rails etc you want.
Second hand means its been used so obviously cheaper and you get the gun as is. There are some deals to be had and 90% of sales are good and legit but there are some people who try to rip people off on any forum so be careful.
house771

Postby BertieRichards on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:57 pm

I think that you must read some reviews before buying a new PTW! They help me to make a final decision!I always rely on them!
BertieRichards

Return to Generation Model 2012