Motor/Grip issue

For the 2012 model

Motor/Grip issue

Postby Tech-D on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:04 am

Hello everyone, new to the PTW world. Just picked myself up a System PTW M4 CQB from Redwolf Airsoft. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_RedWolf_Custom_Guns_RWC_Systema_PTW_M4_CQB_Evolution_Version_M90_Cylinder.htm

I'm not sure if my brand new gun needs to see Tackleberry already but this is what I have found. I had 10hrs of CQB play were the gun worked flawlessly. Then the next day when I was setting the hop for .25g BBs and adjusting the sights the gun stopped shooting. I had the red blinking led. After some trouble shooting I found when I removed my grip the gun would shoot without issues. Also I noticed when I shot in both single and full auto the sector gear would stop at the same place each time. But when I put my grip back on when shooting single then full auto the sector gear would stop in different spots. I then removed the grip and shot again and it was stopping correctly. If I put a small amount of pressure around the motor casing and I noticed the problem with inconsistent stopping point.

Does this mean my motor has as issue, or should I just open the grip up a little more so its not putting pressure on the motor?

Thanks in advance,
Tech-D

Re: Motor/Grip issue

Postby Tech-D on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm going to take a video tonight to show what I'm seeing. Doing some more searching on the internet I see that my systema has the newer 7511 motor which is shown below:

Here is the article on the motor.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/systema-announces-new-7511-motor
Tech-D

Postby Tech-D on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:45 am

I was waiting to get my calipers in so I could measure everything but it didn't come in, in time.

Today I took the Systema to CQB I got about 1 & 1/2 games in before the gun wouldn't shoot anymore. When I took the grip off I still wouldn't get anything but the red blinking light.

I picked up some RC motor cleaner today and used that when I got home but no luck. Still nothing but the read blinking light.

My questions, since I haven't heard from Tackleberry yet, should I just get a FCC motor and electronics and replace everything?

Thanks in advance,
Darren (Tech-D)
Tech-D

Postby leschrac on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am

Just wait for tack send him the motor the wait Will be worth , my motor Hasnt failed since he has done
leschrac

Postby TK8456 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 am

Have you spoken to redwolf at all?
You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a weekday?

John Danter TK8456
TK8456

Postby Tech-D on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:04 pm

@TK8456 I have contacted RedWolf Airsoft and waiting for a response.

@leschrac is this forum the best way to contact Tack? I was looking to see if he had a website link somewhere.

Also I saw somewhere on the forum that someone had the same issue and it turned out to me the Advanced Control Cable (http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13083&p=86490&hilit=blinking+light#p86490)

I don't mind getting the work done on the motor, but I just can't see it being the motor already with less then 2000 rounds through the gun in semi only for the games and maybe 3-4 times for 1/2 sec bursts to test the accuracy.

Thanks for the reply guys.
Tech-D

Postby Tech-D on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:55 pm

I was hoping but no luck, tested the continuity of the cable and it is good. Still going to replace the cable though as it does look like there a very fine slice in the black wire so to be safe I'm going to replace it.
Tech-D

Postby Tech-D on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:27 pm

OK does look like the motor has died, I applied power directly to the motor and got nothing. I am just waiting for a response from RedwolfAirsoft in regards to this issue.

Can anyone tell me if "PM" is the best way to get in touch with Tackleberry?

I saw a mention of a website but never found a link.

Thanks in advance,
Darren (Tech-D)
Tech-D

Postby lukow on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 pm

I've bought my ptw from tac. And he answerd my every question since. so just PM him here on forums
Tackleberry<---------
lukow

Postby Callum Snell on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:50 pm

PM is the best way to get hold of him. He's the best and the original, but there's only one of him and thousands of us :)
Callum Snell

Return to Generation Model 2012