Also need input on purchase

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

Also need input on purchase

Postby Airw4ves on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Well I have been in the market for a PTW and one has come up, only thing is, Im wondering if it is worth it. Im in Canada so importing is not an option, which in turn makes prices generally high. Heres the one up for sale and whats included with the package

Systema M4A1, Hopup Mod done, Motor Mod done, Waterproofing, two 9.6V and one 12V batteries, 8 Systema Mags, Blue and Black cylinders, and a Classic Army M145 Replica 4X Optical Sight. There is some minor surface rust on the normal spots but otherwise the body is in good condition.

To buy new a PTW MAX 2012 runs $1659 with hopup mod, another $150 for motor and waterproofing, and $48/mag

Battery and optic would be bought off red wolf or ehobby most likely

So all in all, I'm wondering if that deal is worth it being basically 5 years old
Airw4ves

Re: Also need input on purchase

Postby Touchette on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

How much are they asking for the package?
Touchette (Pronounced Two-Shay)
Touchette

Postby Airw4ves on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Darn, can't believe I missed that
Sorry
$1700
Airw4ves

Postby Touchette on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Depending on the quality of the mods (who did them?), it's probably not a bad deal for Canada.
Touchette (Pronounced Two-Shay)
Touchette

Postby Airw4ves on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 am

Well, sadly someone beat me to it
Ah well, putting in my order for a CQBR Max next friday. Can't wait to join the ranks of the PTW brotherhood haha
Well, as not to waste this thread, will the Madbull RIS II 9.5" be too long for the CQBR? Im looking for one to go right to the flash hider or darn close to it.
Airw4ves

Postby pokemon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

hi!it will fit like you want it to fit!the 9,5" ris from madbul goes all the way down the outer barrel and ends just before the thread of the flash hider!i have one myself!hope it could help.

Best wishes

Pokemon
pokemon

Postby The Reptile House on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Airw4ves wrote:...will the Madbull RIS II 9.5" be too long for the CQBR? Im looking for one to go right to the flash hider or darn close to it.

Just to add to Pokemon's comments, here's what that rail looks like on a CQBR (the rail in the pic is SOCOM Gear, but is basically the same). Mine was milled in a couple of places by Tackleberry for a perfect fit. 1. At the receiver end of the 12 O'clock rail so the rail didn't droop when tightened up and 2. at the rail's collar near the front pin of the receiver -for clearance when the receiver was opened:

The Reptile House
Admin Group

Postby Airw4ves on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 am

Wow, that looks great! Thanks both of you for the help
I won't have enough money for the Eotech yet, but otherwise thats pretty much exactly why I'm going to be making mine look like, well except black for the rail haha
Again, thanks for the help and Ill be sure to try and have the areas you mentioned fixed. :)
Airw4ves

Postby Bryan08 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Airw4ves wrote:Well I have been in the market for a PTW and one has come up, only thing is, Im wondering if it is worth it. Im in Canada so importing is not an option, which in turn makes prices generally high. Heres the one up for sale and whats included with the package

Systema M4A1, Hopup Mod done, Motor Mod done, Waterproofing, two 9.6V and one 12V batteries, 8 Systema Mags, Blue and Black cylinders, and a Classic Army transfers reims M145 Replica 4X Optical Sight. There is some minor surface rust on the normal spots but otherwise the body is in good condition.

To buy new a PTW MAX 2012 runs $1659 with hopup mod, another $150 for motor and waterproofing, and $48/mag

Battery and optic would be bought off red wolf or ehobby most likely

So all in all, I'm wondering if that deal is worth it being basically 5 years old

No it's wrong!!
Bryan08

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007