problem with max

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

Postby Garthalimu on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am

my max m4- a1 stopped shooting, i checked the fuse an it was intact what next should i check? any sugjestions, theres no electrical circit.
Garthalimu

Postby macguyver on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 am

Open upper receiver. Ensure that the bolt-release switch is working by depressing it and try to fire the gun. Inspect battery connector on the battery and the gun for signs of arc and/or heat damage. Replace if needed. Check fuse (which you've done). Ensure battery is fully charged. My CQB-R will not fire at all with a low 12v and the M150.

Get a multimeter and check for voltage at the motor terminals while trying to fire the gun. If no voltage is present, send it to a Systema dealer or distributor for service. If voltage is present, then your problem is at the motor.
The Anti-Radical Radical
macguyver

Postby ddddboto on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:48 am

is the stock loose? because sometimes my stock and bufer tube gets loose and i end up tightening it. But yah if your tube is to loose and you happen to twist it too much the wires that are inside a small channel could get cut. or try and check the 3 small wires that are connected to eachother because those can get cut easily when you open and close the upper and lower reciever.
ddddboto

Postby Garthalimu on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:34 pm

the wires look all intact, so does the battery, but i think i will test it with another battery, i will check the voltage asap.
Garthalimu

Postby Royal-w-Cheese on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:10 pm

next step (this was the problem with my m4 a while ago):

the EL-001 (thats the chip in the gear box) has kind of a sensor in it that registeres the position of the sector gear.
(BTW, that is why the PTW always fires - no matter how fast you pull the trigger. unlike AEGs, that sometimes only pull back the piston partially.)
anyway, the sector gear has two (2) holes in it. the sensor uses those two holes to measure the position of the sector gear.
now there are two possibilities:
1. the holes in your sector gear are clogged (with grease, dirt,...) and the sensor is unable to see through it, in other words the light-barrier can't pass through it.
2. the dirt, grease or whatever is on the sensor itself. clean it.
the sensor consists of two arms that extend past the sector gear. they're red and have a white and a black tip, if i'm not mistaken

good luck
Royal-w-Cheese2007-06-22 17:13:35
Royal-w-Cheese

Postby Garthalimu on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:32 pm

i cleaned the sensor, i tested it and heard the sound of my struggling for a sec, i'm almost sure its the motor now.
Garthalimu

Postby Royal-w-Cheese on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:04 pm

it took me quite a while. the gun would sometimes fire and at other times just make a wierd sound when i pulled the trigger - very random.
i thought it was the motor too, but it wasn't...
now make sure you clean the two holes in the sector gear (with a toothpick or something else small) as well as the sensor!
also be certain that the sector gear is in the right position - if not: turn the thin black gear (it's to the right of the sector gear) in order to turn the sector gear... (the sector gear itself can't be turned).
i guess you know what the right position for the sector gear is: about 2/3 of the teath inside the gearbox and 1/3 of them on the outside of the front part of the gearbox.
... try it out a couple of times, this might take some fiddling...
Royal-w-Cheese

Postby Garthalimu on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:56 pm

how do you clean the sensors? i haven't gotten it to fire but the wierd sounds seem to be getting louder so i think eventually it will be cleaned. any sugjestions on how to clean the sensors?
Garthalimu

Postby Royal-w-Cheese on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 pm

about the wierd sounds... if you force the gun to fire and it doesen't want to, your fuse will burn through!!! i went through 3 fuses before i found and fixed the problem

i don't have my gun with me, so i forgot if you'll have to remove the gearbox for this or not, but i think you will...
doesen't really matter, since removing the gear box from the ptw is almost easier than removing it from a regular AEG AR15.
there's a guide on how to do this somewhere on the ptw homepage... just remember one thing: the ptw may cost as much as many real guns but it's nowhere near as tough - unfortunatly!
so try to push the pins and not hammer them out, since your reciever may brake!

either way, you have to get the EL-001 out of the gearbox and clean the sensors with some kleenex or a Q-tip...
to prevent this from happening again you might want to clean the gear just a little bit, but not too much > after all there's a reason for the grease
Royal-w-Cheese

Postby Garthalimu on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:41 pm

I cleaned it with a Q-tip and it didn't change anything, no i'm almost about ready to just order a new motor, 
Garthalimu

Postby ddddboto on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:40 am

Did you take apart the gearbox? something mightve broke and got stuck or like a piece of dirt couldve got caught somewhere. if your motor is in tact and your gun isnt going full auto when you plug the battery in or bursting on semi it might not be your electrics.
ddddboto

Postby Garthalimu on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I will take the gearbox apart soon, I'll keep you posted.
Garthalimu

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007