I love it

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

Postby khsong13 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 pm

I just got my MAX in beautiful condition from Syde Effekts yesterday and I love it. The selector switch being firm clicking like the real thing into place has got to be the nicest "feel" related thing for me, along with the weighty front and the solid construction. The sound on automatic fire is assuring, with little "cer-clunk", whine and grind, or the "pang" sounds of most AEGs. I haven't tested it in a game but I tested the included KSC .30s and my own Excel .25s and both perform well (although the KSCs definitely seem to group tightly. Any recommendations on BBs for the M130?)
The hardest part must have been fitting the G&P RAS unit.. I didn't realize there was a little hook that went under the barrel nut/ring until I looked it up on quarterbore/KAC. Once on there it was a perfect fit, so I assume the G&Ps are RS-dimensioned. The odd thing is that the EOTech 511 doesn't sit flat on the flat top (a bit of a tilt to the left). I think I read something on that earlier but I can't find the post.
Here's a picture of how I run it on the field :)

I'm tempted to get a free-floating rail and a low-profile gas block (like the Samson) so I can use flip front and rear sights (my EO is running out of batteries already).
PTW Lover :)
khsong13

Postby SharkWilly on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 am

Beautiful.

I can't wait for mine.

You should do some accuracy tests at longer ranges for us :)

SharkWilly

Postby SBranson23 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:46 am

khsong13 wrote:The odd thing is that the EOTech 511 doesn't sit flat on the flat top (a bit of a tilt to the left). I think I read something on that earlier but I can't find the post.

This happened to me with an EOTech on a King Arms CASV replica.  It's that the rail is not dimensioned properly.  I filed the "sloped edges" (if that makes sense) until the eotech fit.  Forgive the crude drawing but the red arrows indicate the parts I filed to look like the drawing on the right.  The blue arrow shows the area that prevents the Eotech from sitting properly.  At least this was the problem in my case.  A bit of filing and paint and it looked just fine.

SBranson23

Postby khsong13 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:20 am

I'll definitely do accuracy and range tests in the coming week!
Thanks a lot for the tip SBranson, I hope it's not the PTW receiver that has the same problem!
PTW Lover :)
khsong13

Postby thePiRaTE!! on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:34 pm

The PTW receiver is designed 100% milspec compatible, I haven't had or heard of any problems with mounting an Eotech on its receiver until now.  Either it is faulty, or I suspect the G&P as the weak link in your bridge as photographed above.  You may wish to consider something like Yankee Hills (YHM) Eotech riser mount attached to the receiver, across the gap to provide a level platform for your Eo.  It will also rise the reticle 1/4" above your BUIS so they don't clash in you line of sight.  The BUIS will still be visible in the bottom of the Eotechs window if you need them. 
thePiRaTE!!

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007