07 odd problem

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

07 odd problem

Postby kaufer22 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 am

So i have 2007 Ptw Max SCK and have had it for about a year or so... For some reason when I put a cylinder in the ptw it cycles but sounds as if there was a broken anti reverse gear... iono why...this only happens with a cylinder and yes I have used the black cylinder to relieve stress...When I remove the upper and just look at the cycle it seems to cycle normally without fail... any ideas on what this could be?
kaufer22

Re: 07 odd problem

Postby thundercactus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Does it actually complete a cycle and shoot?
If it is shooting, then overcycling, there's no anti-reversal on a PTW so the gears will reverse if it overcycles.
Simplest thing to do is make sure those 2 pin holes on the sector gear are clean. At the worst, your motor may have lost a coil causing it to be less responsive (Happened to mine, but I had an inferior 08 motor)
thundercactus
Expert

Postby CxK-ArthurDent on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Check if the motor brushes are worn.
visit us: --> www.CxK-rl.com
CxK-ArthurDent
Groupie

Postby kaufer22 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Copy that the motor brushes seem fine the only thing I can think of is electronics... It cycles fine when the cylinder is not into play but once stress is added it wont completely cycle on semi...I used the motor in my other ptw to test and its fine as well... I understand it doesn't have an anti reversal latch but was trying to explain it the best I can... I just dont wanna buy a new set of electronics if its actually working fine...
kaufer22

Postby thundercactus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

so it works fine with your other motor but not the 07 motor?
thundercactus
Expert

Postby macguyver on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:53 am

Most likely the FETs are toast o the EL-003 board. In Gen 3-3.5, they use two as voltage regulators and 4 to drive the motor. When you get failure of any in those groups, they often fail closed and the gun runs on as soon as you connect a battery or they fail open and are unable to pass enough cuurent to drive the motor while under the load of the cylinder.

Now, that being said, I had a lower sent to me by a fellow who couldn't figure out why the gun would cupycle very slowly and not even be aboe to turn a cylinder. It was a Gen 4, and it would lock the gun out in similar fashion to a low voltage or bad motor lockout. Turns out that one of the brush springs was broken, so the brush on 1 pole would make poor and intermittant contact. The motor would generate very little torque and spin very slowly due to the reduced voltage through the windings.

Changed the spring and cleaned the soot of burnt carbon off the brush and the gun zipped back to life.
The Anti-Radical Radical
macguyver

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007