12V for all cylinder units?

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

Postby Magsz on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Im at home sick...you're really lucky Cheeno.  Your other thread was locked before i could get my mitts onto the keyboard to type a nice response...

Here's an analogy for you.

Stock Honda, runs for ages.  Modified 700 HP honda, requires "tuneups" reguarly.

By tuneups i mean quite possibly replacing major motor components because they....BLEW UP.  Do you want to replace blown up mechbox parts?  No?  Ok, dont do it.

I really dont understand why people have to go against the grain.  Its ok to be different but the batteries are designed for certain power levels for a reason.  Why did you ask a question if you already knew the answer, at least subconsciously?

This thread has been done to death on these boards, do yourself a favor and click on that awesome search button and do some research.  Its an amazing feature that will provide you with all the answers you could EVER want!  On the rare occasion that there's NOT an answer to your question the kind people on these boards will JUMP at the chance to contribute to something new.  We are all here to have discussions about our hobby, particularly ptw's, we are not here to fill in the blanks for herbs that refuse to get off of their lazy asses and do some research for themselves. I can see that you at least clicked the search button and picked the top topic but jeeze man, the answer is right in front of your face.  What kind of an update do you need?

And yes, Merjindj is not the cranky type, however I AM!

I need more tissues, anyone want to mail me some, im too sick to get out of bed. Dead

Magsz2008-03-08 19:56:41
Magsz

Postby stoffi on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:58 pm

WORD UP!
stoffi

Postby chicag0t on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

If you use a 12V for a black cylinder, it will be moving too fast and the BB's will get caught in between the hop-up and cylinder and the BB will chop in half, and then you have a mess. BB's particles will be everything in your gun and you'll have to open it up and clean it all out.

Now, I do not know which battery to use for the black cylinder since I was told that the 7.2v's were discontinued. I guess use 9.6v? I have a friend who uses 9.6 but he said that even with a 9.6 it still chops BB's every once in a while.

Can anyone attest to this?
chicag0t

Postby Badkarma07 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm

I have used the 12v battery on all cylinders except for the black. I have had no problems yet. It may depend on how much you are using the 12v with the m130 or m110.
Badkarma07

Postby hulkpens on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:16 am

hulkpens

Re: 12V for all cylinder units?

Postby MAXGHERARDI on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:12 pm

with the gold and blue u can get away with it its all about moter cycle i spoke to wallice about that myself he said he uses an 11.1 lipo on his blue and has no probs, i say that bc the 11.1 is the equivolent to a 12v.
some ptws have issues using 12 with blue or gold bc the moter dosnt make an absolute fuul sycle, if u shoot ur ptw and hear a high pitch ur ok to us a 12v, if ur ptw makes a quiet sound it could be risky.but definetly dont do this with the black at-all. but i have a question. how-come as of 08 the cylenders are chrome colerd tip'd intead of the original black cylender tips ????

HOPE THIS HELPD.
MAXGHERARDI

Re: 12V for all cylinder units?

Postby KIx84 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 am

Hey Everyone here is what happend to me last weekend when I Gamed with my PTW for the First time. I knew I should have used a 9.6v but I thought through my experiance as a Gun Doc a 12V 1200 MAh battery could not do that much damage to if I was using a 9.6v 1700 Mah on a M130(gold). Well...Boy was I Wrong...I guess I was luck though as the only thing that went Wrong was the internals of the M130 Got messed up. even with threadlock on the piston head it still managed to work loose and become disconected. The Teeth ended up bent, the piston Cracked. so I need new internals (mainly a tooth set and new piston, the piston head is still fine). I have most deffinitly learned my leason and will kep the 12v's for the M150. I hope everyone can learn from my mistake. Oh I and running a 2007 MAX just for the recorded.
KIx84

Previous

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007