double feeds

All the information that is relevant to MAX Model 2007 or older weapons.

double feeds

Postby merijndj on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:13 am

Hi all,

Last weekend i had a strange problem... but before that.. some more info:
I have disassembled almost every internal part of the PTW, (did that all the time with normal AEG's).
Re-greased gearbox etc.. something that was needed after 2.5years no maintenance...

But after taking apart the hopup i found that the BR-023 hopup seal was broken.. ordered a new one and installed.

The problem:
When i fire rapidly in semi auto or in full auto, the ptw feeds 2 bb's... However, when i slowly fire in semi auto, there is no problem @ all.

I have taken the hopup apart a few times, it did improve somewhat, but not much.
when i fire too quickly it jams.. when that happens, i have to push the bb's out manually, because the ptw cant clear this on its own :(

Its a late 2006m4 max, challenge kit, but with (from factory) modifications that were announced to be 2007 models.
im using my selfmade, 9.6v 2200mah nimh battery.. cells are from GP. they have never given problems.... ever.
I did shorten the circuit board while doing the cleanup, but i dont beleive that can have something to do with this.

Anyone an idea?

ps. as i dont have the PTW @ home (wich would be illegal.. :(), it will take a lot of time before i can try some things out :(.
merijndj

Re: double feeds

Postby merijndj on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:50 pm

anyone?
merijndj

Re: double feeds

Postby macguyver on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:38 pm

The main suspects would be nozzle o-ring and magazines. The mags may not be feeding well. The nozzle o-ring may need to be replaced, or in the case of the new polyurethane, may need to be re-lubed. Sometimes when they are dry they will have some misfeeding.
The Anti-Radical Radical
macguyver

Return to Generation MAX Model 2007